In this video I also talk about how pressure cookers increase many antioxidants in food and how lycopene from tomatoes can help gum health.
Let me know your thoughts down below! Did you learn something? Would you make something like this? Can you hit that high note?
Instant Pot I use (6 qt!): https://amzn.to/2QClc16
My sauce Videos:
Nutrition Facts Videos:
Antioxidants & pressure cooking (https://bit.ly/2O3XTeW)
Lycopene for gum health (https://bit.ly/2D0zfp5)
1.5 cups french lentils drained
2 cups veggie stock (+ water – see note below)
1 tsp (or more) onion powder
1 tsp (or more) garlic powder
0.5 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
7 small (or 3 large) carrots, chopped
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1. rinse dry lentils and put in instant pot.
2. Add veggies stock and water. The amount of liquid should be approx 1″ higher than the lentils.
3. add spices and tomato paste and stir everything together.
4. add chopped carrots and sweet potato on top.
5. Put instant pot lid on and make sure it is closed tight, cook on BEAN setting for 12 mins.
6. Enjoy! this makes a lot of food so its perfect for meal prep or freezing.
MY VEGAN RECIPE EBOOK🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH👕
VIVO LIFE PROTEIN POWDER (DEREK10 for 10% off – new customers!)
USE MY VIVO AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
UK/EU/CANADA STORE: https://bit.ly/2S7uROo
USA STORE: https://bit.ly/2Tm3RIp
• INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/simnettnutrition
• FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/simnettnutrition
WANT TO SEND ME SOMETHING TO TRY?
PO Box 413 Parksville
Parksville, BC, Canada V9P2G5
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
WHO AM I?
I am Derek Simnett, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
I love calisthenics and making good food!
Check out my 2 year transformation: https://youtu.be/MUYqG3zEldc
#veganism #cooking #instantpot