LAY HO MA! Curries are probably one of the most flavourful dishes around, and there are infinite possibilities and variations! Though, that’s not even the best part – they are super easy to make. Join me in this episode and learn how to make vegan potato curry (or aloo curry) from scratch! Let’s begin.
2 pieces garlic
1 small piece ginger
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp pink salt
1 long green chili pepper
2 cups coconut cream
5-8 small potatoes (pre-peeled and boiled)
few sprigs cilantro
1. Finely chop the garlic, shallot, and ginger
2. Heat up a sauté pan on medium high. Add the grapeseed oil followed the cumin and coriander seeds. Fry for 30-45sec
3. Add in and sauté the shallot, garlic, and ginger for 2min
4. Add the dry spices and sauté for 30sec
5. Dice one tomato and add to the pan. Sauté for 2-3min
6. Roughly chop the long green chili pepper and add into the pan. Sauté for another 2min
7. Add the coconut cream. Turn the heat up to medium high and stir
8. Add in and coat the pre-peeled and boiled potatoes
9. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 5-8min
10. Plate and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve along with some naan or basmati rice!
FREE E-BOOK + VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer and videographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me on my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and to learn to cook with absolute confidence!
Follow me on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Vegan Recipes Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
You are watching: