LAY HO MA!! This recipe is so packed with flavour, you will absolutely want to cook this every single week! Saag refers to common leafy greens, so you can really make this with the greens available in your area like collard greens, chard, or even the greens from bok choy! Join me in this episode and learn how to make an easy vegan saag tofu recipe. Let’s begin.
1 tsp pink salt + generous pinch
300g extra firm tofu
drizzle of olive oil
1 small piece ginger
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 canned coconut milk
1. In a large pot, bring 1.5 litres of water to boil
2. Roughly chop the fenugreek and add them into the boiling water along with the spinach. Add a generous pinch of pink salt and boil for 2min
3. Dry the tofu with a paper towel, then chop into bite sized cubes
4. Transfer the greens to a food processor or blender. Puree the greens on medium low
5. Heat up a sauté pan on medium high heat. Drizzle with olive oil
6. Add in the tofu and sear them for about a minute on both sides, then set aside
7. Thinly slice the onion and finely chop the ginger. Dice the tomato
8. Heat the sauté pan on medium heat. Sauté the onions and ginger for a minute.
9. Add the cumin seeds, chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, and the 1 tsp pink salt. Sauté for 2-3min
10. Add the tomato and sauté for another minute. Then, add the pureed greens and coconut milk. Give it a good stir and bring to a boil
11. When it comes to a boil, let it simmer on medium for 5min
12. Add the tofu. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed
FREE E-BOOK + VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer and videographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me on my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and to learn to cook with absolute confidence!
Keep up to date on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Vegan Recipes Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
You are watching: